Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Way to Love.

"I leave you free to be yourself: to think your thoughts, to indulge your tastes, follow your inclinations, behave in ways that you decide are to your liking." -Anthony De Mello                                                                                                                                                                                                                
Recently I read a book called "The Way to Love" by Anthony De Mello, it honestly changed my life. I've always struggled with being attached to things in a way that prevents me from being my own person. In this book De Mello speaks truth about life and love, how you can't truly love something if you are attached to it. The world seems so closed off and small because all of your attention and focus is being put toward this one object, blocking out everything else. I've always struggled with relationships, I get clingy because I'm afraid of losing that person when in reality it only pushes them further away. I put so much effort into making sure something bad doesn't happen, I forget about everything great that could happen. This book has really opened my eyes to the Lord's kingdom and all of the beautiful, amazing things it has to offer. I've realized that by having attachments I am losing my freedom, I'm losing my love. If I live life moment to moment instead of worrying about things that could or couldn't happen in the future, I will finally have the freedom that I have been searching for. Things are starting to feel real, I feel like I can see people for who they are instead of deciding who they are for myself, perception is everything. Nothing is as black and white as I have always tried to make it be, but that is part of life's beautiful journey. I'm ready to live life to the fullest, allow people to be who they are and allow myself to be who I am, without attachment the way the good Lord intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment